PROGRAM and DETAILS
The Summer Work and Travel program is a great way for foreign university students to experience the American culture while working in entry-level Jobs or Internship during the summer holidays. Participants are entitled to work, earn and travel at the end of the work assignment. By working at a summer job you'll have the chance to experience the U.S. as more than just a tourist and to share your own traditions and cultures with U.S. citizens and other participating students from around the world.
As a participant, not only do you get the unique opportunity to explore the US, take really cool pictures and make new friends, but also get international working experience that will improve your resume.
* Be aged between 18 - 35 years.
* Be a full time student at the time that you submit your application and you are registered for a full time course load for the semester following your Work Travel programs.
* Speak at least intermediary level of English.
* Be able to arrive in the USA before your employment begins.
* Agree to attend an orientation in your home country before departure for the U.S. (based on Employer)
* Have every intention of returning to your home country at the conclusion of the Program.
Reference by a lecturer from your School
* Reference from a previous employer
* Medical Summary Report completed by a medical doctor
* Copy of passport page with details / picture.
* Proof of registration for current academic year.
* Copy of valid university ID card.
* 2 x 2 passport picture.
SUMMER CAMP PROGRAM
Whether you are applying for an Internship position, a Specialist Counselor, Special Needs Counselor or a Camp Support Staff position, the Summer Camp program is a great way to have a summer that is fun, rewarding and challenging at the same time. Job or Internship applicants get a 4 month J-1 which leaves plenty of time after a camp program to visit and explore the many attractions of the US.
Camp Staffers Must Be:
* Between the ages of 18 and 28 during the summer of their participation
* International students, teachers, youth workers or individuals with specialized skills.
* University students if applying for support staff positions,
* Fluent in English and able to attend a home country orientation and interview.
* Highly motivated and committed to the program for 8 to 15 weeks.
H-2B TEMPORARY WORK
Employers throughout the U.S. hire young adults from around the world to live and work under the H-2B Visa program, filling positions where there is a shortage of American workers.
We are able to help to those who have already found a job or Internship in the U.S. as well as those who would like to be matched with an employer. Participants on the program are legally able to work in the U.S. for a full summer or winter season, typically 6-10 months.
About the Program:
H-2B program gives an opportunity to obtain temporary work visa for seasonal manual work in the USA. Offered positions do not need to correspond with one's work experience or field of study. Employers work permit is issued for minimum of 4 months up to 10 months with a possibility to extend it for the period of 3 years.
The H-2B Work USA program includes Job or Internship recruitment screening and placement of employees.
* Employment agreements.
* Processing the Department of Labor certification application.
Paid Jobs or Internships are also available in hotels, resorts, amusements parks, restaurants, casinos, ski resorts, landscaping & construction companion and several others. Type of jobs include but not limited to: Landscape worker, Cashier, Dining room attendant, Hotel desk clerk, Banquet attendant, ski lift operator, Lifeguard, Housekeeper, Laundry attendant, Waiter etc.
* Full time student status not required.
* Secured work placement.
* Guaranteed prevailing wage as would be paid to a full time US citizen occupying the same position.
* English proficiency need not be excellent but low to intermediate.
* Assistance and support for paperwork co-ordination and documentation for the H-2B work visa by Employer.
* Health Insurance assistance.
* Assistance in obtaining a Social Security Card (required).
* Key references for building an attractive resume.
* An adventure of a lifetime.
* 18 - 40 years.
* Intermediate level of English.
* A completed application form with signed terms and conditions.
* Two original letters of reference in English.
* Resume or CV.
* A job offer (for self-arranged participants only).
* Copy of passport.
* Copies of previous US visas (if applicable).
* 2 passport size photos.
Internship training program gives the J-1 exchange visitors the opportunity to enhance their skills in their chosen career field through participation in a structured training program and to improve their knowledge of American techniques, methodologies and expertise in their field of endeavor.
TYPES OF POSITIONS:
Career Training USA works with companies in a variety of fields including:
* Arts Administration
* Business Administration
* Computer Science
* Hospitality & Tourism
* Marketing & Sales
* Public Law & Administration
* Public Relations
The maximum duration of any training program shall not exceed 18 months. The actual duration of a participant's training program shall correspond to the length of the program stated in the sponsor's designation language and indicated on the participant's Form DS-2019 form.
Whether you have already found your employer or need to be matched with an employer, the following requirements must be met before applying for this program.
International Career Training Program Requirements:
* Degree study or apprenticeship related to the training program from an accredited university or post-secondary institution.
* Minimum 2 years of university study of professional work experience in the chosen field of training.
* Be 20 - 38 years of age.
* Fluent in English.
* Can participate in program all year round
* Have not held the J-1 Visa in the Trainee category before. If previous J-1 Visas were in other categories (e.g. the Secondary School Student or Summer Work/Travel categories) you may apply.
* Completed Application Form (available at request).
* Your Resume (in English) 1 page.
* Personal essay-signed (in English), 2 pages.
* Two recommendation letters(in English).
* Copies of your degrees (diplomas) or proof of your student status along with English translation.
* Proof of your health insurance.
* Copies of your passport and previous US visas.* Two photos 4/5 cm size.* Learning agreement, training plan and learning objectives.